Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love the Puppies

With the situation with Lady, I am more focused on my dogs at the moment. And, it may be wrong to laugh at them... but they are just funny.

I have to give Lady two pills, twice a day. And in order to this, I have to put them in peanut butter, which Lady and Jackie both LOVE! Well, to keep myself from being covered in peanut butter or from killing Jackie- I choose to separate the dogs while I give Lady her pills. Then, I give Jackie some peanut butter just because I don't want her to feel unloved.

So, twice a day I convince Lady to come in the kitchen, and after a bit of confusion and sometimes collar pulling- I lock the dog gate, which keeps Jackie out. Since Monday, my dogs have given me the SADDEST looks as I split them up. Jackie whimpers at the gate. Lady tucks her tail and ears like she's being punished and crawls to me in the kitchen. They HATE being split up! (They start wagging their tails once I give the treat, and Jackie is the most excited dog ever when I open the gate.)

But, I think they have caught on. I didn't have to fight them today to separate them. Lady came in the kitchen, tail wagging. Jackie sat at the gate while I closed it- tail wagging.

I guess peanut butter is worth the agony of being apart...

No comments: