Sunday, October 10, 2010

"My" Places

I know a lot of us have them. Places that our "ours," even though we have no legal ownership. They make us happy when lives are complex, peaceful when the world is in chaos, and they make us better people just by being there.

Sure, I have things and places that are actually mine that have this same effect. My AZ home, my G-ville room, my bench, my Mustang... But these other places are more special, because they don't legally belong to us. These are "my" places because my soul has laid claim to them. No matter what happens in my life, or how far I move, these places cannot be taken away.

1. My tree- my rocket ship cedar tree in AZ
2. My town- Taylor/Snowflake. It just is- and everyone needs to get over it.
3. My road- Highway 89 between Farmington and South Ogden
4. My park- a beautiful place up Provo Canyon.
5. My trail- a trail that branches off behind my park.
6. My rose garden- in Ogden.
7. My swings at the G-ville park
8. My library- WSU
9. My classroom/school (this one will travel with me...)

No comments: