Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Funny Little Curse

Yup! I'm cursed. It is official. I'd hoped it was Oak Canyon, but the Curse of the Yearbook Hoody followed me to Vista Heights.

Follow me...

2004: Ordered yearbook hoodies from a company. Told: two weeks. Three weeks later, not done. Promised the next day. Next day? Not done. Promised the next day. Called the next day in the morning. I was told they were being printed, and would be ready in an hour. I went down to pick them up 4 hours later- and they hadn't even started! I was there for almost two hours... waiting.

2006: Yearbook hoodies ordered, promised two weeks. (Different company) Three weeks later? Not there. Needed for pictures in three days. Company owner's daughter ends up in hospital. Hoodies are delivered morning of pictures with the FRONT done, but have to be returned for the back to get done later. Five hoodies printed incorrectly.

2007: Yearbook hoodies ordered, promised two weeks (Different company). Three weeks later- not done. Art file hadn't transferred- but they hadn't mentioned it to me. Resent art file in different format. Hoodies arrive two weeks later.

2008: Yearbook hoodies ordered from original company (no one else was any good!) Three weeks later called because machine had blown up- would be another week at least to get hoodies. Created our own artwork and printing files. Charged double art fee because... no one could tell me why. Took weeks to straighten out the bill.

2009: Yearbook hoodies ordered (NEW company) and promised two weeks. No problem with art work. In less than two weeks- they were done. Went to pick them up- WRONG COLOR!

2010: Yearbook hoodies ordered (Same company as last year...).  Next day phone call: Because of Breast Cancer month, no pink hoodies are available. Change colors. Redo the order. Less than two weeks later- DONE!  Wrong font.  Ug...

Any guesses on what will happen next year? 

Or maybe it is time for me to just say, "No, we are not going to order hoodies for Yearbook." 

No comments: