Monday, December 20, 2010

Reflection of My Year: 2010

Thanks to a friend's blog, I found reverb10. It gives prompts to help you reflect over your year. And, since 2010 is going to go down as an extremely life altering year, I figure this would be a good thing to do. Now, it is supposed to be done once a day for the month of December. I'm obviously starting late- 31 prompts in 12 days? Let's try 3 a day-

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell)

Change: my personal life, my job, my car, my house, myself. What hasn't changed?
What do I want my word to be in 2011?  Bliss.

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)

I don't get this prompt because I don't value writing daily. However- what gets in the way of me doing what I love? Worrying about my future. I want answers and when I don't have them I am distracted from everything else. I know it will all work out, and I am working on putting my worries in God's hands.

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

Mud splashed onto my jeans as a jumped into the puddle that was on the side of a Utah back road. Raindrops drenched my head and outstretched arms. I twirled in the puddle as fast as I could, until I was so dizzy I almost fell over. Then, I jumped- up and down, up and down- over and over. Water soaked my jeans up to me knees. I paused, and looked up at the sky. I opened my mouth, and I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs- not caring who heard me.

My scream echoed off the rolling green hills nearby. I snickered when I saw the cows- perfectly ignoring me. I wiped the rain from my face and smiled.  As I walked back to my Mustang, my flip-flops squeaked. I got back in my car, and continued driving home from Arizona.

No comments: