Monday, March 26, 2012

I was a songwriter

My mom dug out multiple boxes from my old bedroom, and I found a lot of treasures.  A lot of the pictures made me laugh, and a few of them made me tear up a little. Mostly, I smiled.

At the VERY bottom of the LAST box (I know it sounds like I'm making that up but it is true...) I found a folder full of songs I wrote in elementary school. I was in 3rd, 4th, 5th grade- (I wish I had written down the dates) and I wanted to be a country singer. (Not really, since I can't really sing...)  Most of them are not finished, but only a verse or a chorus.

Here are a few of my favorites, starting with the ONE song I still remember the words and tune to.  Warning: they are CHEESEY! 

PS- I am leaving the spelling as I wrote it...

Fantasies

Unicorns and faries, elves and little knomes
They live in the storybook on my shelf back home
Witches and dragons always scare me,
You are now one of them
You're now a fantasy


Special Ingridiant

There's alot to a friendship,
Alot of special things,
Going to the moview,
and putting dimes in the machines.
A little bit of heaven from up above,
But the special ingridient is love.

Love is a great thing,
it comes only from inside,
it gives you happiness, friends, and pride,
A friendship takes a bit of heaven from above,
but that special ingridient is love

It Hurts  (REALLY CHEESY ALERT!
It hurts when you are sorry
It hurts deep inside
It hurts when you're wrong
It makes you swallow your pride
It hurts when you're all alone
When no one does care
Then it makes you mad
When suddenly someone's there

It hurts when your sad
It hurts real bad
You can't stop the hurt
When you're not allert
It hurts.

It hurts all the time you know
It hurts while it's tall
It hurts little to,
It makes you feel so, so small
It hurts when no ones there,
To care for you
It feels so lonely
And sometimes you are scared

Chorus

Tomorrow (Draft 1)
Come back, face you're problems
Things someday will bee better, tomorrow
It may not have bin a good day but
You must stay and face it, tomorrow
You may have lost something or someone
but don't give up, tomorrow
You must learn to face the facts of our life, tomorrow

Tomorrow, tomorrow, things might turn around
but don't give up today
Tomorrow, tomorrow you can't leave at all,
we will find a way

Things will turn around I know
They will for surten, tomorrow
You must face life the way you have it, tomorrow
Don't give up you will find a way to solve this,
I'm sure, tomorrow
Things will look better in the morning light, tomorrow

Chorus

Tomorrow (Draft 2)
Face your problems
Face the facts of life
Turn around, ask for help,
Don't let the world cut you like a knife
Family lost, don't worry
For every good there is a bad
So just sit back, relax
Just smile, be happy, be glad

Tomorrow things will be better, I'm sure
Life is never pure,
Happyness,
I never feel down,
Cause things always turn around
Tomorrow

Tell me all about your trouble
All help get through it
You'll be fine, I say
Come on, don't stand, just sit
Open up, let it out
Things will be all right,
Take it easy, calm down,
Things will turn out in the morning light

Chorus

No comments: