Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Running

I decided to take my dogs for a walk- one at a time. Since my feet are shredded from my school shoes, I decided to put on my good (but 11 years old) running shoes.

Now first of all, I almost quit before I started. My dogs LOVE going on walks, and having to leave Jackie behind was SO SAD! She whined at the door... and just looked so sad. I could barely stand it, but I know walking them together is too much for me.

I got about a block away with Lady, and had to cross the street. We walked kinda fast to cross, and my soul whispered, "Run." So I did.

It was such a good feeling! I haven't gone running with Lady in years, but it was just fun. She matches pace perfectly. Granted, she likes to randomly stop in front of me and I almost killed her a few times, but it just made me laugh.

When I left her home and took Jackie out- she looked so sad! But, Jackie and I had a great jog. I don't think I've ever ran with her, but she was a perfect partner too. She doesn't pull nearly as hard, so it was more of a cool down job.

If I'm not dead tomorrow, I may have to do this again.

No comments: