Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life Group

Tonight, I went to a Life Group for The Rock church. I have to say- I felt like I should be scared out of my mind, but I wasn't. I knew I needed to go. Granted I made sure I arrived a few minutes late, so I wasn't the only one there. (That would have been awkward.) :)

But, it was an amazing night. I know I am among friends already. We talked, laughed, told a few stories, and talked about God and prayer.

The amazing moment of the night though- we had to write one thing that we wanted to pray for. I left mine very vague. Then, we traded prayers, and had to say a prayer for this other person. No one in this group knows me- tonight was the first night I'd met anyone except the person who invited me to come- and I met her Sunday.

Some people asked for prayers of guidance, improved finances, health... Mine again was purposely vague.

But the man who had to pray for me took his time with it- he said the exact thing that I needed. He read my few words and was able to ask God for exactly what I need right now. And then, he took it a step further and asked for things that I had thought about, but hadn't had the courage to write down. God already knew my prayer, and gave this man the words to say so that I would know He knew. It was a truly spiritual moment.

I cried. Not a sad cry- but an amazingly happy, life is wonderful cry.

3 comments:

allie said...

I love this story... :o)

~crystaldawn~ said...

Jamie, that's so wonderful. =)

Lacey Sue said...

Beautiful, my heart is GLAD for you :)!