Sunday, March 6, 2011

Finally! Saint George

Andy had a lot of fun playing with his camera the entire drive down. This was fine with me because I really wanted to drive! It was such a good drive down- just singing and driving, and pulling over at random exits to enjoy the sunset and stars. It was very refreshing to just get in the car and drive.
I don't know what photoshop work Andy did on these photos, but honestly- the colors were about this bright. We would 'awe' over them, and comment about how beautiful the clouds were. Andy would lean out the window and take a picture. He'd put his camera away, and five minutes later the cloud formation would change and we'd be in awe all over again. Back out the window he went...
I finally decided to pull over, so he could get better pictures without risking his life. It was such a beautiful evening. I had never been to St. George- but the drive itself in the evening would be worth going again.
I loved being able to go hiking the next morning- in just a sweatshirt and jeans. We had a picnic on some of the redrocks. I couldn't believe how blue the grass was there! Yes- I said blue.
Andy's required picture when he gets close to the edge of a rock. He can't help it. It is an addiction.
It was great to just be in the warm sun- I spun in circles enjoying the wonderful feeling.