Friday, March 11, 2011

Status Updates for the Conference

7:34am Wow! That train came fast, and I LOVE being on Trax again. If I lived in SLC, I would ride the train as often as possible.

8:00am I have a principal who sits in the BACK row! On purpose! How awesome is that?


9:00am I am an expert on junior high English, and you want me to help kids be engineers? And you want me to build rockets? Um....


11:00am ALL KIDS DESERVE TO LEARN! HOW DARE YOU SAY GIFTED KIDS DON'T DESERVE A TEACHER'S ATTENTION. And those stats you just threw out- TOTALLY SLANTED AND I KNOW IT!


1:00pm Lunch of mayo covered tortilla and lettuce? No thanks, I'll starve.


3:15pm Never laughed so hard in a meeting. Never learned less in a meeting. Ok I lied... I did learn about the awkward turtle... and I am no good at it.


3:30pm Andy, you are late. Grrrrr.....


4:00pm Finally ! Something to drink. I'm excited for the movie to start.


6:00pm Costa Vida taco or quesadilla... I am starving!


8:00pm I love seeing my family! Even if it is a last minute invite. They are just fun.


7:30am On the train again...


9:00am I would LOVE to get paid 10 hours a week to meet with other teachers like they do in Asia... but that isn't our reality! And, you are wasting my time telling me it should be my reality. Talk to the people in charge please.


10:00am I LOVE brain research workshops. They are always the most fun, and remind me how to be a better teacher.


11:45am BRAIN OVERLOAD! Our school can do this! We should do this tomorrow! Oh, wait, that would be Saturday. And no school Monday! Crap! Tuesday it is...


1:00pm What a beautiful day! So glad we decided to walk to lunch.


2:45pm I think I want to be a principal- and then I'd have a say in making this stuff happen! I would be good at coordinating all of this stuff!


3:45pm I love riding trains. Maybe I will ride it to the end of the line... just because I can.


4:15pm It started! The bike started! I'll just go around the block...

4:40pm Oops! I forgot my license... I probably shouldn't be riding around on my bike.

No comments: