Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I almost fainted- right then and there

I had a meeting with my principal today to discuss the English department assignments for next year. Basically, we look at the master schedule and determine who is going to teach what subject- 8th grade, 7th grade, creative writing, reading, debate, etc.

I walked in and looked at the schedule board, and they had taken GT English from me and given me creative writing instead. I TRANSFERRED to Vista to be a GT teacher! I have dreamed of being a GT teacher for 10 years, and they were taking it away to give me a class I've never taught before and other people in my department have REQUESTED it?  What???

I almost fainted right then and there.

Turns out it was just a mistake while putting the board together. My dream class is still mine.  :)

While I working on the schedule board, the counselor walked in and started discussing it with us. I got a little impatient and started moving classes around myself. Then, the color coding wasn't right so I started to rearrange things. The counselor said to the principal, "She thinks like we do..." and Steve replied, "I've noticed. She is moving things around like an administrator."  Considering that I would LOVE to be a principal someday, I was pretty excited that they noticed me acting like one.

I almost fainted right then and there.

This afternoon, I had a meeting with the woman in charge of the district GT program. My new district position is to coordinate the GT testing for all elementary schools in the district. We were talking and she was saying how she'd like to expand our pool of testing proctors and make sure more people know why it is important to do it right. She looked me in the eye, and just making a simple comment, said, "You never know Jamie. You may have my job when I retire in a few years." I've already written a blog about how I would like that job someday... I had to catch myself from getting too excited since I knew she wasn't offering.

But I almost fainted right then and there.