Monday, February 7, 2011

Music Monday

I heard this song on my way home from my family's house after the SuperBowl. It just struck a chord with me.

I admit, I enjoy the Bachelor, so I had to laugh that it is referenced  in the song. I won't stop and claim that it is "real" though.

Read - James Wesley

500 channels and there ain’t much on tonight
But reality shows about some folk’s so-called lives
A pretty girl cries because she doesn’t get a rose 
But she’ll find love next year on her own show
And they call that real

Real, is a hand you hold for 57 years…
Real, is a band of gold trembling with fear…
It’s the first long tear down an old man’s face
Watching his angel slipping away
His heart so broke that it’s never gonna heal
I call that real.

Where I live housewives don’t act like that
And the survivors are farmers in John Deere Hats
Our amazing race is beating the check 
Prayin that the bank ain’t ran it through yet

Real, like too much rain falling from the sky,
Real, like the drought that came around here last July,
It’s the damn old weevils and the market and the weeds
The prayer they prayed when they plant the seeds
And the chance they take to bring us all our next meal
I call that real

(solo)

Real, like a job you lose because it moves to Mexico
Like a momma and a baby with no safe place to go
Like a little dream house with a little foreclose sign
Like a flag-draped coffin and a 21 gun goodbye
I call that real
Man, I call that real 
Oh, I call that real

No comments: