Thursday, February 17, 2011

Praise = Motivation

It is interesting to me the difference I feel when positive comments and attitudes are sent my way. Today, I woman I have seen twice now- I don't even know her name- was able to talk to me for less than 10 minutes, and as she walked away I felt like such a good teacher.

And for the rest of the day, I consciously made decisions and acted like a "good" teacher would act. I didn't want her evaluation of me to ever be seen as wrong, and I just stepped up as a teacher.

My principal has decided to give me more money that required (by the district) for a yearbook advisor. He told me that I do more work on that book than the district pays me.

And it made me get motivated to get work done on the yearbook. I have fallen a little behind on it this last month, but I wanted to earn that extra money that he threw my way. He sees me as a good advisor, and I will not let him down.

And two friends today told me that I am a good person. They both told me this just after I had written a rather not nice blog because I was very frustrated with a situation. I didn't post it because I got a phone call...

And now I am more convicted than ever to be a nice person, and to make decisions based on compassion for other people. I am more convicted than I have been all week to be happy and to see the blessings that I have in my life.

And now, I want to try to give praise more to others. Praise made a difference in me-  :)

No comments: