Saturday, January 29, 2011

Amazing Women

My whole life, most of my best friends were guys. Guys were the normal people for me to run to when life got tough.

However, in this last year, it has been the women of my life that have stepped up and been amazing. It is the women in my life that have answered my questions and let me know that everything would be ok. Some of these women talk to me on a regular basis; some go months with little contact. But if you are on this list, you have made a difference in my life.

Before I start, I want to make a disclaimer. All of these women are worthy of a post of their own. I am choosing ONE thing that stands out to me, but it is in no way the only thing about any of you. I am trying to say I LOVE YOU and THANKS.

This is my one line tribute to the women in my life-

Mom- the woman who reminds me to have faith that everything will be ok
CJ- the woman who keeps me up way too late every time we start talking
Ness- the woman I know will kick his ass as soon as I say the word
Kim- the woman who doesn't mind my Gemini complex that can't make a decision
Misti- the woman who is just a phone call away, any time
Kyra- the woman who gave me a room in a new city when I really needed one
Lisa- the woman who always makes time to see me
Liz- the woman who convinced me that whatever I was feeling, it was ok to feel
Katrina- the woman who told me I would be forgiven
Jeanie- the woman who inspires me to be better
Whitney- the woman who reminded me it was ok to not be nice
Heather- the woman who never lets me forget I am of value
Krystal- the woman who isn't afraid to get in my face
Erika- the woman who doesn't let me suffer on my own
Sue- the woman who reminds me that I am a good teacher

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

No comments: