Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Treasure!

I've started writing my poetry blog. It is a collection of poems I've written through out my life. I see myself grow up in them. It was my soul's voice as a child and teenager.

Becoming Jamie: My Life in Poems

It has been fun relieving the memories that these poems were written to preserve.

But, I found the most amazing thing tonight! Years ago I put my poems into a sheet protectors, on pretty paper. I am now typing them into my blog. I pulled one out of the sleeve to see if I'd by chance written the date on the back. What I found instead was better- a note I'd written to myself when I put the poems into the book.

I had known my senior year in high school that I might forget the stories behind these poems, so I wrote myself notes and hid them behind the pages! They tell me why I wrote a lot of them. It is amazing. There were some poems I didn't remember the meaning to, but now I know!

I can't believe I forgot the notes, but I am so happy that I found them! I'll include them in the blog now.

Wasn't I smart at 17?

No comments: