Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday's Scripture

This is my favorite. (I'm not being dramatic, but honestly- these are the words I want read at my funeral. So remember that 50 years from now...)

These words are my comfort. These words ring of the simple idea- there is a time for everything, and it all happens for a reason.

And it has special meaning today. I pray for strength for those that need it... for faith that no matter what...

There is a time for everything
and a season for every activity under the heavens.

a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to uproot
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to tear down and a time to build
a time to weep and a time to laugh

a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them
a time to embrace and a time to refrain
a time to search and a time to give up
a time to keep and a time to throw away
a time to tear and a time to mend
a time to be silent and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for war and a time for peace


I know that there is nothing better for a person than to be happy and to do good while they live.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 12)

No comments: