Saturday, November 20, 2010

These are the days I like :)

I really think I should look into administration. Really, I think my future career lies in G/T administrative work.

Sure... they have an office instead of a classroom. That thought makes me sad.

But- they have to study law, know law, and quote law.
They have to solve problems that come up on a moment's notice.
It takes organization... creativity...

And it sure is fun to work with them!

This morning I got to play assistant at the G/T testing session. We were short proctors, 100+ kids registered LAST NIGHT (who registers for a test at midnight???), we were short over 20 testing books...

And it was just a lot of fun! It was fun directing 200 kids where to go. It was fun directing proctors to rooms and parents out the door.

There is a part of me that just comes alive doing things like this. I thrive on the pressure... the fast pace... and the sense of accomplishment when it all works out.

I am supposed to be in the classroom right now... but not forever.

No comments: